This is a “through-hull” submersible marine light for welding into steel hulls. This light has been specially designed for installation and operation in fresh or seawater ballast tanks.
It is not recommended to fit these lights in fuel oil tanks or hazardous areas. The boat must be hauled out for installation, although maintenance of the light can be carried out from inside the tank. Please allow access for maintenance.
We advise that the light be installed 250mm below the minimum waterline when the yacht is loaded with 50% fuel and 50% water and that the light be angled 15 deg downward. To achieve this there are 3 weld-ins - Flush, 30 degree and 50 degree.
The light has a stainless steel watertight projector case which screws onto the insert. The standard S.S. inserts are purchased separately. The hydraulic hose and cable are used to route the cable from the ballast to the projector. The hose and cable length must be specified and these are ordered separately.
|Lamp Type||MSD Metal Halide 150w or 250w|
|Lamp Life||3000 Hours - Colour Temp - 7000 K|
|Voltage / Amps||150 watt 120(V3)/230(V2) - 1.4/0.7.A|
|Voltage / Amps||250 watt 90/265vac- 2.4/1.2A|
|Glass Lens||Borosilicate glass|
|Light Output||150w 12,000 Lumens - 250w 19,000 lms|
Diagrams (Click to enlarge.)
- The hole cut-out should be cut to suit the insert angle.
- Maximum hull plate thickness should be 12mm for the flush and 20mm for the 30 & 50 degree.
- For Lamp Maintenance please allow 200mm.
- 150w - Recommended maximum distance between ballast and projector 10m.
- 250w - Recommended maximum distance between ballast and projector 25m.
- Cable - 150w- High temp. silicone 3 core (Part No S00111)
- Cable - 250w-2 core 1mm square- Max diameter 6mm ( Part No S92532-1.0).